"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase"

Martin Luther King, Jr.



Friday, December 12, 2008

Don't know what to say?

I know this whole thing has come as such a shock to everyone. You might not know what to say or do. The important thing is that Mom needs you - all of her friends, family, co-workers, friends of friends, whoever cares about our Mom or wants to wish her well.

A good friend of mine said "I don't know what I can say or do but just be here for you!" Some of Mom's friends came right over to the hospital today just to hug her and say they love her. I want you to know that you are all welcome to show your love and support in anyway you can, or feel comfortable doing.

If you have any questions or want to know a good time to visit please contact me and feel free to pass this blog along!

jessfranke@mac.com
(480) 296-8530
(please leave a message, as I might not be able to answer right away, but you're all so very important to us!)

Love Jess

1 comment:

  1. Right on Jessica! I've worked in hospice for 19 years and have learned that you don't have to say anything. Just be there! So for all of you that are afraid that you don't know what to say -- don't worry. Kerry just needs to know that you are there for her. You can always find a card that says exactly what you want to say. But don't stay away just because you might say the wrong thing. Believe me staying away is the wrong thing!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

(Leave a Comment Here)