"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase"

Martin Luther King, Jr.



Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Jess Arrives

"Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face."
- George Eliot


I made it to Springfield today. It's strange coming home in December - it's been 3 or 4 years since I've seen Illinois during winter. So far it's not so bad. I referred to my quick walk from the airport to the car as brisk! Mom's new house is super cute and cozy which counteracts any feelings of bitter cold. I'm grateful sitting here tonight, even though it's 2:30am and I'm wide-eyed and worried. I probably nagged Mom too much about all of the things she needs to do or not do. From making sure she's getting in the proper amount of fluids to the anxiety of what lies ahead after the surgery, I feel this overwhelming sense of fear and responsibility to help in any way I can. I'm not upset, no tears have been shed today. We're strong and positive. Nothing we can do until Wednesday and nothing we'll really truly know until after the surgery. Before I left Phoenix my husband told me not to drive myself crazy with ideas until I got the facts in. I'm trying!

Love & Goodnight,
Jess

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Jess, you just have to think positive and try not to wear yourself out. I know easier said than done. Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

(Leave a Comment Here)