"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase"

Martin Luther King, Jr.



Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Surgery Update 3:30pm

We just met with the surgeons. They completed the scope and after a very difficult decision, they chose to wait on the resection until receiving results of the biopsies. This will avoid completing a very serious operation to only make things worse. At this point it is unclear if the cancer has spread, however they were very honest and upfront in letting us know that the surrounding areas look highly suspicious and we are dealing with a very aggressive cancer. If the cancer has not spread, and can be contained, the plan will be to proceed with radiation and chemotherapy to shrink the tumor for resection. The tumor has taken over 60% of her stomach. Two spots on her liver and her lymph node(s) were biopsied, they also took some ascitic fluid (peroitoneal fluid) was taken from her pelvic area for testing as well. She will stay overnight for observation as we await the biopsy results. We need your support and prayers more than ever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

(Leave a Comment Here)