"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase"

Martin Luther King, Jr.



Monday, January 12, 2009

Message from Kerry

I just wanted to thank you all for the cards, the thoughts and prayers, the visits, the food, the list goes on and on! You are so wonderful! The girls have done such a good job in keeping the blog updated to keep everyone informed about how I am doing, as some days it is just nice for me to not have to talk about it, but feel free to call anytime and if I don't feel up to it, I would love to get a message. So far, so good, I made it through the first round of chemo pretty darn good. This week I started my radiation therapy as well as another round of chemo, so things might be a little rougher for a while. I have received so many beautiful cards and notes. I have them saved in a keepsake box. I pull one out each day and think about the person who sent it and how special that person is in my life and say a special prayer of thanks for having such wonderful family and friends to support me through this hard time. Everyone is working so hard in getting plans together for the benefit. It is so amazing how there are so many good people out there that are willing to put such an effort towards making all this happen. I am truly blessed. I hope to see you all at the benefit, the only part that I get to know about is that it is going to be a lot of fun - bands, music, good food, family and friend and lots of love!!

Much love,
Kerry

0 comments:

Post a Comment

(Leave a Comment Here)