"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase"

Martin Luther King, Jr.



Thursday, October 15, 2009

Comfort


I know I speak for all of my siblings when I describe one of Mom's best motherly qualities as "comforting." I'm talking about the kind of comfort you feel when the whole world seems like it's going to collapse on top of you, but once you're in Mom's arms or just hear her voice it changes everything! When I was growing up and heard stories in sunday school about Jesus and how he loved the children - the only way I could imagine him, or make him real to me was thinking about my own Mom; loving, kind, compassionate, forgiving, understanding and comforting. Now I'm all grown up and I have my husband to hold and comfort me when I'm upset, but it doesn't change how important and comforting a Mom truly is and will always be! Now we have to show Mom the came comfort and love that she always gave us and it's not hard to do! Looking at my siblings I see qualities of Mom in all of them!
Loving you and missing you much,
Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment

(Leave a Comment Here)