"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase"

Martin Luther King, Jr.



Friday, March 19, 2010

Leaving Illinois


It's been wonderful being here with Mom helping her to recover after everything she's been through. This visit was not for fun or vacation but to be support and assistance to my family. I'm so glad that I was able to come and it will be very hard to leave. I know that Mom is in the best of care and she will only continue to progress after I leave. The next time I see her she'll be back to her normal self and we'll be at the beach celebrating!

I am so thankful to Dr. Chamberlain and my office manger Sonia for allowing me to take time off. My entire office has been so loving and understanding during these times. I also wanted to thank my neighbor Michelle who works for United Airlines. She was so generous giving me her buddy pass to fly standby at an affordable rate during the dates I needed. Michelle has spent so much time in helping me find the very best flights and she's great about knowing how to get around the system. I feel like I have my own personal flight manager, plus she's an amazing neighbor on top of it all.

Unfortunately, the flights are extremely overbooked with too many standby passengers waiting in line for Phoenix during this spring break season. I'll have a few more days with Mom and have a long day of travel ahead on Monday.

Thank you everyone for being patient, understanding and loving during this time!

4 comments:

  1. Your family and this blog are simply beautiful! God bless all of you! Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,it is great that you work for such a very understanding dr. and what a sweet neighbor to help you as well, I am sure your mom is so plesded to have your company and your siblings too!! From experience in the past I know how frustrating it can be to live aways from family that you want to be with!!
    And from a nursing point of view, most hospital food leaves something to be improved for sure!!
    I loved seeing where the Celtic band "serenaded" Kerry last Wednesday, a true friend to get this wonderful music to Kerry's home!!
    Have a safe trip home Jess, and thanks always to you and your family for this wonderful blog,that allows us to be connected for Kerry!! Love to you , your mom and everyone, God Bless and keep you always, Luan and family
    P.S. It is snowing here this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, it sounds like you have a great support system and you know the reason they all love you so much is because you are so sweet and grateful!! Still saying lots of prayers for your mom and your whole family! Take care sweetie! Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess
    I look at the pictures of your mom from when she was younger and i see parts of you and your sisters in her. The smiles, the facial expressions, and in some of them the things she is doing or even the way she is standing.

    If you look at all the things your mother has been through it easy to see she is a very strong women and it seams as if that has rubbed off on you and your sisters. She needs things like this blog and all the support of her children.

    She will get through this and all of us will look back and say that she never gave up and neither did her kids.

    You are all a gift from god for your mother!!!

    ReplyDelete

(Leave a Comment Here)