"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase"

Martin Luther King, Jr.



Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Surgery Tomorrow

Mom's surgery is tomorrow. We're trying to pretend that she's just going in for a hysterectomy but it's impossible to ignore the real reason why. It's one of those uneasy situations entering the unknown. No one really knows what to expect, until they open her up. Yes, we're scared, nervous and anxious, but this "Tough Chic" is living post Stage 4 gastric cancer without a stomach! She might be cute and tiny but she's more determined and focused than any of us can begin to imagine. All of your love and support has seriously been so amazing and uplifting. Thank you!
We'll keep you posted on tomorrow's surgery. I wanted to post this picture of Mom and think about the next cake we'll be baking...

3 comments:

  1. Kerry, You never cease to amaze me. You will get over this little "bump in the road" just like you have done with each one! You are the most determined person I know -- We will all get through this -- I love you!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friend of Todd and Marg here: I have two young friends battling stage IV breast cancer and I am amazed at their courage. I will add you to my list of amazing people. I pray the love of friends and family will sustain you as God leads you on your journey.
    Mary Ann Tiedemann

    ReplyDelete

(Leave a Comment Here)