"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase"

Martin Luther King, Jr.



Friday, June 3, 2011

Road to Life

Dr. Icaza (Surgeon from Gastrectomy), Dr. Shaffer (Surgeon from Hysterectomy) and Dr. Willadsen (Oncologist) all 3 came in to monitor, evaluate and visit with Mom today. They told her that today is just a mild bump in the road to recovery. Mom's oncologist appointment was supposed to be today so we'll have to reschedule once she's feeling better. I don't know about Mom, but I'm not ready to talk about chemo again. I want alternatives and I want something good for her - to help lessen the chemo blows. Sure chemo is great if it gets rid of the cancer but the process in not. She's doing a great job but still needs to go easy and make sure she's taking in the right amount of fluids and eating good clean food. If wishes could come true I would have a degree in nutrition (only so that people will finally listen to me) and I would keep Mom's house stocked with healthy organic foods. I told Mom to embrace her inner hippie and think Green, think Organic, but right now she's just thinking about Surviving. So here's to the Road to Life... Here we come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

(Leave a Comment Here)