"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase"

Martin Luther King, Jr.



Sunday, February 5, 2012

from Jess

In 3 years I will have lived in Arizona the same amount of time that I lived in Illinois. Time goes by so quickly and especially as I've gotten older. When I moved away Jenelle was only 8 and little Josh was 6. I never planned on living in Arizona as long as I have but after college it quickly became my new home and a very comfortable place to live for many reasons. I have a wonderful husband of 5 years, a great job of 9 years, a house and 2 beagles. I've learned over the past 15 years that you don't have to be a 30 minute drive away from your family to be close. I love my entire family so much and we've always remained very close. In fact sometimes I feel that I've come to appreciate them even more being further away. We don't take each other for granted and we hold the time that we do get to spend together very precious.

When Mom was diagnosed in 2008 I thought that we needed to move closer no matter what the cost but it's not as easy as one could imagine both physically and mentally. Anyone who has moved far away from their family (and survived) knows what I'm talking about. It's been a very difficult 3 years being so far away from Mom during her fight with cancer. We don't know what the future holds and all that we can do is try to make the best decisions and choices as each day brings it's own set of challenges.

Thank you for being a part of this blog and of our lives. I'm so glad that we started this from Day 1 of Mom's fight and I'm happy to help be a part of this fight in my own little ways.

Love Jess

1 comment:

  1. AMEN!!! Love and hugs to all! xoxoxo Nina

    ReplyDelete

(Leave a Comment Here)