"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase"

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Hospital update

(Saturday morning)
They haven't put her on a different antibiotic since she had an allergic reaction to the one last time. Waiting for infectious disease doctor to come around again. This type of doctor is involved since her infection never went away previously. He is checking on results from the scan.
(Saturday afternoon)
I finally just got an update, waited 24 hours for a scan to tell us what we already know... inflammation & infection, she's getting new meds infused into her port once a day for 1 week. I hope the new meds help, guess the new goal is to get rid of infection #1 then #2 figure out what's wrong with the stent. Fabulous plan! Unless we should do 20 more tests before we actually start fixing the problem?
(Saturday evening)
Mom is home now and happy to be there. I suppose her hospital stay was more cautionary this time. I really hope this works better. She needs to recover during her 3 month remission not deal with any more problems or infections.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Scan it

We're waiting for CT scan results.

Mom got to order her usual barium sulfate suspension drink on the rocks and with a twist!

Hospital visit

Oh, this is so frustrating and disappointing. My text from Mom this morning said "I just want to cry. Have to be admitted to hosp." She tries so hard to just live her life but these problems keep getting in the way. Have you ever wanted something to be a certain was so badly but no matter how hard you try it just doesn't. Of course you have. We all have but when you're trying to live normal and fight cancer along with all of it's ramifications it's like getting smacked in the face with a huge wave after wave. I feel it and I'm not even the one fighting. The reason why she's being admitted today is because of a continued infections and pain from the kidney stent. It's been replaced several times but something just isn't right. At this point Mom's pain tolerance is extremely high so we know when she's in pain it must be pretty bad. I'm glad her oncologist is on the case. They're looking further into the situation and we'll keep you posted. Right now all we can say it that something isn't right and the stent situation just isn't working. Please keep Mom in your thoughts and prayers. Send lots of sunshine her way! We will keep you posted. She'll be admitted for about 1 week is the estimate at this point. Love & Hugs.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012


Looking Deeper

Mom was feeling better but the pain and discomfort slowly came back and still very painful. We need to find out what's going on with her Kidney and the stent issues. She's on the case along with her oncologist and we'll keep you posted! I'm so glad that Mom is determined not to give up and is listening to her body's cry for help! Don't worry Mom... we'll figure this out and get you feeling better very soon!