"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase"

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Hospital update

(Saturday morning)
They haven't put her on a different antibiotic since she had an allergic reaction to the one last time. Waiting for infectious disease doctor to come around again. This type of doctor is involved since her infection never went away previously. He is checking on results from the scan.
(Saturday afternoon)
I finally just got an update, waited 24 hours for a scan to tell us what we already know... inflammation & infection, she's getting new meds infused into her port once a day for 1 week. I hope the new meds help, guess the new goal is to get rid of infection #1 then #2 figure out what's wrong with the stent. Fabulous plan! Unless we should do 20 more tests before we actually start fixing the problem?
(Saturday evening)
Mom is home now and happy to be there. I suppose her hospital stay was more cautionary this time. I really hope this works better. She needs to recover during her 3 month remission not deal with any more problems or infections.


Post a Comment

(Leave a Comment Here)