"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase"

Martin Luther King, Jr.



Friday, November 9, 2012

Anticipation


Anticipation of Mom's upcoming surgery hangs close to hearts this weekend. It's on the horizon. If you looked into our eyes you might see fear, sadness, anger, blank expressions and possibly doubt. It's just something we are honestly not ready to face or deal with; I suppose you are never ready. I hate to be melancholy about it and I know we're supposed to be positive. Why worry about something we don't have all the facts on yet? We will have to deal with it as the upcoming events unfold. We'll figure it out and go from there.

This time of year always reminds me of life before we got the news about Mom's cancer. It was 4 years ago this November. I've been blogging every month since. It's been a journey of so many emotions. We're grateful and thankful for every day and for every moment. Everyone of us have your own ways of dealing, fighting and surviving. Keep doing all that you can to hold it together; keep searching for whatever gives you comfort, hope and strength. If you have found it, hold on tight and keep your chin up! It's ok to feel anger, fear, sadness and doubt. In the morning it's a new day and you just never know how things will turn out.

2 comments:

  1. I love your inspiring, well-written words that are filled with hope. I hope to reach (at least) the four year mark with my husband Ryan who was diagnosed with Stage 4 Stomach Cancer five days before we had our daughter on 2/29/12. We have a blog too: http://watersfamilyforum.blogspot.com. I hope you can visit. I plan to visit your blog often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna! Thank you so much for the comment and sharing your story with us. We will follow your blog and keep your family close our hearts!

    ReplyDelete

(Leave a Comment Here)