"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase"

Martin Luther King, Jr.



Monday, March 4, 2013

Looking Forward


Mom was always so great about keeping me excited and movivated about life. Whether it be nervousness for a school project, a play, memorizing countries or even trying to get up in the morning! She surprised me with special little gifts, cards, sayings or my favorite cereal so that I could have something to look forward to. Mom would always encourage me to try new things and to do my best. I was a horrible basketball player but still felt fantastic about giving it a try!
I know she's trying to do the same thing in her own life fighting cancer and I'm trying to help, but my words are different and not as great as hers. After we received the news that her cancer was back I was at a loss for words. I wondered what she would say to me if the roles were reversed. So I asked, "Mom what would you tell me if this was happening to me?" Her reply "Just listen to your body, stay positive and take one day at a time." That was probably the most difficult advice she could have offered to me, while applying it to herself. We can be silly like that, even during the worst times. We are all so much alike and understand each other even if there aren't any words to say. She's the best Mom ever! I appreciate and remember all of the special little things she still does for us! Now it's our time to give back and share with Mom what she's taught us along the way. Taking one day at a time, keeping positive and taking action when needed... We can get through this and... Have something special to look forward to!

Love you Mom!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

(Leave a Comment Here)