"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase"

Martin Luther King, Jr.



Sunday, August 11, 2013

After The Storm


I'm listening to this song thinking about Mom's recent scan. It's been 3 months already and we're waiting for results.
I feel like this song was written for us all who are fighting cancer and supporting our loved ones along the way.
It's difficult for many to make sense of the nightmare cancer brings but along with it we develop beautiful qualities such as love, strength, hope, faith and courage. No matter what your beliefs I hope you can also find peace, comfort and understanding to stay strong and keep up your fight in your own way.

Love to all tonight...


"After The Storm"

And after the storm,
I run and run as the rains come
And I look up, I look up,
on my knees and out of luck,
I look up.

Night has always pushed up day
You must know life to see decay
But I won't rot, I won't rot
Not this mind and not this heart,
I won't rot.

And I took you by the hand
And we stood tall,
And remembered our own land,
What we lived for.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

And now I cling to what I knew
I saw exactly what was true
But oh no more.
That's why I hold,
That's why I hold with all I have.
That's why I hold.

And I won't die alone and be left there.
Well I guess I'll just go home,
Oh God knows where.
Because death is just so full and man so small.
Well I'm scared of what's behind and what's before.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

{photo credit by carlibux}

1 comment:

  1. Glad I came across your blog. Lovely song btw, brought me to tears. Keeping your mom in my prayers as well!

    ReplyDelete

(Leave a Comment Here)