"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase"

Martin Luther King, Jr.



Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Counting Sheep?

I'm counting sheep, I can not sleep. I'm getting homesick because I miss Mom's beautiful face and her calming voice. Life is busy. Especially for Mom as she tries very hard to keep busy + enjoy each day + deal with the regular unpleasantries of life; which you can not deny simply get in the way. We just aren't "wired" to deal with all of this junk. It's not very difficult for me to imagine that we were created to actually live {not just survive} in a beautiful paradise on earth and enjoy it's fruitage, sunsets, creation, etc. etc. I think about this often and it brings me peace and comfort to know that one day all of the wrong will be right again, and all of the bad will be undone. It's my happy place. So instead of counting sheep, I will dream of a beautiful paradise on earth and remember some of my favorite scriptures before I fall asleep tonight.

{the tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. Rev 21:1-4}

{and they will certainly build houses and have occupancy; and they will certainly plant vineyards and eat their fruitage. They will not build and someone else have occupancy; they will not plant and someone else do the eating. For like the days of a tree will the days of my people be; and the work of their own hands my chosen ones will use to the full. Isaiah 65:21-22}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

(Leave a Comment Here)