"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase"

Martin Luther King, Jr.



Monday, September 4, 2017

Time Stands Still



There's an internal clock within me that knows exactly what time it is. I feel what I felt 2 years ago and my heart still aches, I can't breathe as I blankly stare into the space ahead.

Two years ago I was in Illinois spending my last days with Mom. I'm counting down the days until September 21st, it was 2 years ago I held my breath every single day of this month waiting for what we never wanted to come.

I can talk for days and days about the happy memories and how hard Mom fought for her life for so long and how happy and positive she always was. Today and the days to come I'm still grieving her loss and I don't feel like expressing any postcard sympathies or future happiness to look forward to.  Today I'm simply missing my Mom, even more so than most other days.  So the countdown begins and my heart aches and that's all for now...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

(Leave a Comment Here)