Mom met with the surgeon today. Her sister, our Aunt Barbar, was there also who when I called gave me those medical facts I needed to hear, I was ready to hear. We finally have a solution and a plan. It's not my favorite plan and it's certainly got any good news but we know what has to be done and we're going to make it through! Mom just won't have a stomach anymore. I can't believe it, I'm still in shock. I'm worried, I want to protect her and be there to help, hug and cry and support her. I want to make sure the doctors are doing it all right. That's me I guess, the big sister part of me, the first child syndrome. But I'm a few thousand miles away. No matter what I will be there very soon Mom!
After Barbar passed the phone to mom we started talking about the plan, the facts, what about this and that, I was driving home, turned the corner and saw the biggest rainbow sitting above my house. It rained today. Mom knows how much I love the rain. She also knows every time I see a rainbow I think of her. It was comforting to see it. But I was so amazed as I turned that corner and looked up it was all I could see and we started crying. I assured her that everything would be ok and we're all here for her to help in any way we can. You're not alone in this Mom!
Don't give into self-blame
Don't give into self-pity
Let yourself feel anger
Get more information
Stand up for yourself
Reach out to friends and family
Join a support group
Learn to cope with fear
Love Jess
0 comments:
Post a Comment
(Leave a Comment Here)